The PTU is not run by the school. Rather, the PTU is a volunteer, parent-run organization. The PTU is funded entirely by their own fundraising activities. Why does the PTU raise funds?
Retailer Rewards Programs
Saints Joseph and John PTU participates in rewards programs through Giant Eagle and Heinen’s. Both programs allow customers to choose Sts. Joseph and John School to receive credit for qualifying purchases, as tracked via loyalty card usage, throughout the program period. The rewards for the school are given on top of the credit you receive to your personal loyalty points!
Giant Eagle Apples for the Students:
1. Go to www.gianteagle.com and click on "Supporting Our Schools" under Savings at the bottom left side of the page—or click on gianteagle.com/schools/apples-for-students.
2. Click on "Apples for the Students.”
3. Click on "Enroll your Giant Eagle Advantage Card" in the last paragraph or call 800-474-4777.
Note that you must sign in to the website to do this. If you don't have login information for www.gianteagle.com, you can create an account.
4. Once you are logged in, you will see instructions to add a school.
5. SJJ school code is 2796.
Heinen’s ABC School Donation Program:
To sign up for this reward program, please follow these steps:
1. Stop by the Customer Service Desk at the store, or go to www.heinensrewards.com. 2. Simply log in to your Heinen's Tasteful Rewards profile page by entering your email address and password.
3. Select "My Profile" in the upper right-hand corner of the page.
4. Select a school from the pull-down list at the bottom of your profile page, and then click the "Save Changes" link.
5. Use your Heinen's Preferred Card each time you shop to earn money for your local school. Donations are based on purchases made between September and April.
6. You are required to select (or re-select) a school each school year to receive the annual donation. Only one school can be selected per household.
Just reminder Box Tops can be turned in all year long! Last year SJJ earned nearly 12-hundred dollars from this program. Just place them in an envelope marked “Box Tops” and send them into school with your child. Please remember to check expiration dates and separate Bonus Certificates from regular Box Tops. Bundle them into groups of 50. Thank you for saving your Box Tops and supporting our PTU.
AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support SJJ every time you shop, at no cost to you, a portion of your Amazon purchases will be donated to the SJJ PTU, just visit smile.amazon.com and you will be prompted to select a charitable organization from our list of eligible organizations, please select Sts Joseph & John Interparochial School as your charitable organization to support. You can change your selection at any time.
To change your charitable organization:
1. Sign in to smile.amazon.com on your desktop or mobile phone browser.
2. From your desktop, go to Your Account from the navigation at the top of any page, and then select the option to Change your Charity. Or, from your mobile browser, select Change your Charity from the options at the bottom of the page.
3. Select Sts Joseph & John Interparochial School to support.
4. You must always use the smile.amazon.com link when shopping for SJJ to receive the retail perk.
5. The amazon mobile app does not use amazon smile. You can create a shortcut on your mobile phone by doing the following:
1. Visit smile.amazon.com from your phone’s web browser.
2. For iPhones hit the share button at the bottom middle of your screen and click on the add to home screen. You have now created a shortcut to the Amazon Smile page, feel free to delete your existing Amazon App.